The holiday season is all about good will, good friends, family, and love. Unfortunately, we’ve been conditioned to believe that the best way to show these feelings is through elaborate gifts. If you’re strapped for cash this year, but don’t want to give up the giving aspect of the season, look no further! There are many amazing gift ideas when holiday shopping on a budget.
Here are some great gift ideas when holiday shopping on a budget to help you pinch pennies during the holiday season:
1. Gourmet tea and coffee
- Create a gourmet tea or coffee basket combining a hand-picked mug with a favorite flavor or two of coffee or tea. Add in other items as desired, such as honey, sweetener sticks, specialty creamers and marshmallows to suit the gift recipient.
2. Homemade cocoa mix
- Create a homemade cocoa mix by combining powdered sugar, cocoa, powdered milk, and other desired ingredients. Layer the mix in a jar to create a unique gift and include instructions for making the hot cocoa on the gift tag.
3. Homemade baking mix
- Follow the same idea as the homemade cocoa mix, but this time with cookie or brownie mix. Layer the individual ingredients like flour, sugar, and chocolate chips in the jar to create a unique gift. Include clear instructions so the recipient can recreate your favorite cookie recipes.
4. Gourmet gift baskets
- Combine gourmet cheeses, meats, crackers, mustards, jams, and other ingredients to create your own gourmet gift baskets. Gift baskets are one of the most popular gift ideas when holiday shopping on a budget. Buy the individual items yourself and save a great deal of cash in comparison to buying pre-built gift baskets from specialty stores.
5. Gardening gift basket
- Combine flower seeds, vegetable seeds, and other gardening goodies – like trowels and hand shovels – to create a gift basket for someone who enjoys gardening. Add other goodies as desired, like plant markers, pretty containers, and homemade soil mix.
6. Home movie basket
- Combine a gift card for movie rentals with popcorn and butter spray or seasoning and a box of movie theater style candy to create a gift basket for enjoying movies at home with the family.
7. Breakfast gift basket
- Combine pancake or waffle mix with a bottle of real maple syrup and any other gifts that you think would suit a “breakfast in bed” theme such as a relaxing CD or a nice book.
8. Muffin baking basket
- Combine muffin tins with a couple of different store-bought or homemade muffin mixes and some fresh berries or chocolate chips. Include the recipe for each muffin mix.
9. Recipe box and cards
- Put together a handmade recipe box with some of your favorite recipes inside. Put the recipe cards together yourself, decorate them to suit the recipient, and add in extra cards for their own recipes. Use stickers, colored pens, and calligraphy to create unique recipe cards or dividers for the recipe box.
10. Favorite candy jar
- Buy and decorate a glass jar and fill it with some of the recipient’s favorite candies. Layer different colored candies to create a colorful effect. For example, separate gummy fish by color and layer them from bottom to top, then hand paint an aquarium scene on the outside of the jar.
There are just a few of the many amazing gift ideas when holiday shopping on a budget. You can even customize all of these gift ideas to suit the recipient. Each gift is meaningful because you put it together yourself. To give gifts that truly matter, make them yourself and put your heart into them. You’ll be surprised at how much money you can save when you create homemade gifts yourself!
As my heartfelt gift to you this holiday season, download and enjoy my FREE 5 minute “Too Blessed To Be Stressed” guided meditation. It’s sure to melt your holiday stress away.
Enjoy even more soothing guided meditations, 10+ hours of exclusive, relaxing meditative music, empowering affirmations, group happiness coaching, and other helpful resources to help you live happier both around the holidays and all year by joining Meditations, Music, & More.
Also feel free to contact me anytime for a private, complimentary happiness coaching session via email and for more personalized tips to help you live a happier, healthier, less stressed life.
Happiness coach passionate about helping you live a happier, healthier, less stressed life. Also love meditating, blogging, recording voiceovers, singing, and writing great music. Dedicated to utilizing my talents to help make your day shine! Contact me at [email protected]