Most of us avoid discomfort at all costs. It’s the biggest limiting factor for most people. But thankfully, you can expand your comfort zone in 6 easy steps.
If you could handle discomfort better, you would never procrastinate, never quit a diet, exercise every day, and complete everything you ever wanted to accomplish. You would most likely live a much more exciting life.
Follow this process to expand your comfort zone in 6 easy steps to become more comfortable with discomfort and set yourself free:
1. Start with something that’s difficult, but not too challenging
2. Start slowly. You can always add a little bit of time or extra challenge each week.
3. Push through a little discomfort. Avoid letting yourself quit anything the first time you get the urge to stop.
4. Observe your discomfort. By simply observing and not becoming emotionally involved with your discomfort, you’ll likely notice that your discomfort lessens.
5. When the going gets rough, take a deep breath and force yourself to smile. Just the simple act of smiling, and even forcing a smile, can help you feel better and genuinely decrease your stress.
6. Continue to push a little further the next time. Each time you work through a little more discomfort, it gets easier.
When you’re feeling some discomfort, meditation can also help you cope and set you free, so remember to download the FREE 5 minute “Too Blessed To Be Stressed” guided meditation.
Enjoy even more soothing guided meditations, 10+ hours of exclusive, relaxing meditative music, empowering affirmations, group happiness coaching, and other helpful resources to help you expand your comfort zone by joining Meditations, Music, & More.
Also feel free to contact me anytime for a private, complimentary happiness coaching session via email and for more personalized tips to help you expand your comfort zone and live a happier, healthier, less stressed life.
Happiness coach passionate about helping you live a happier, healthier, less stressed life. Also love meditating, blogging, recording voiceovers, singing, and writing great music. Dedicated to utilizing my talents to help make your day shine! Contact me at [email protected]