The holidays are a fun and busy season full of extra errands, travel and entertaining. If you and your family want to make the most of these special times together, there are plenty of effective and natural ways to stay energized during the holidays.
Keep your energy levels up with these effective and natural ways to stay energized during the holidays.
1. Avoid big meals.
- Your body has to work harder to digest those huge holiday dinners. Try to eat more slowly and limit your portions.
2. Reach for healthy snacks.
- Complex carbohydrates will give you energy fast. Protein provides fuel for the longer term. Make a salad of walnuts and winter greens.
3. Eat more fiber.
- Foods rich in fiber help your body break down carbohydrates at a steadier pace over a longer time. That gives you more stamina. Feast on whole grains, fruits and vegetables.
4. Stay hydrated.
- Munch on foods that are high in water content like celery sticks and grapefruit. Drink plenty of water too. Your blood will flow more easily, transporting the oxygen and nutrients your cells need.
5. Eat breakfast.
- You’re bound to feel fatigued unless you refuel in the morning. A healthy breakfast will also make it easier to resist fattening snacks or overeating at later meals.
1. Take a nap.
- Brief naps of 20 minutes or less will help you recharge. Just closing your eyes for a few minutes can also be refreshing.
2. Watch out for extra caffeine.
- Those chocolates and peppermint-flavored coffee drinks may put you over your limit for caffeine. If they’re keeping you up at night, cut back.
3. Drink alcohol in moderation.
- A cocktail may help you fall asleep faster but it interferes with the quality of your sleep. Try to avoid any alcohol within a few hours of bedtime.
4. Place a curfew on online shopping.
- You can shop for gifts all night on the Internet but you’ll feel the effects the next day. Turn the computer off a couple of hours before retiring to adjust your mind and body after the mental stimulation and lighted screen.
5. Stick to a regular schedule.
- Holiday parties and travel may interrupt your daily routines. As much as possible, getting up and going to bed at the same time each day will help you stay in top shape.
More Lifestyle Tips
1. Exercise every day.
- A brisk walk or other moderate aerobics will wake you up and pump more oxygen to your brain. Take the stairs at the shopping mall and park farther from the entrance.
2. Clear away clutter.
- You’ll feel more restful when your surroundings are in good order. Recycle those gift wrappings and tidy up after parties to avoid feeling overwhelmed.
3. Alternate between tasks.
- Baking hundreds of cookies and wrapping mountains of gifts can be tiring. Switching off between jobs can help some. Even better, recruit family and friends to divide the load.
4. Manage stress.
- Feeling more stress this time of year is natural. To help prevent this, listen to relaxing music, meditate or talk with friends. A positive outlook can make handling extra tasks much easier. Managing stress is one of the best natural ways to stay energized during the holidays.
5. Focus on giving.
- Giving to others is the best part of the holiday season and the most effective way to stay energized. You’ll feel motivated to accomplish more with less effort when you think about making others happy. Share your time and attention with the people you love and do some volunteer work to connect with others in your community.
The holiday season can be demanding, but simple lifestyle changes are usually enough to keep you alert and merry. Watching your diet, getting plenty of rest, and managing stress are natural ways to stay energized during the holidays so you’ll be ready to tackle all the shopping and parties.
Since managing stress is one of the best natural ways to stay energized during the holidays, remember to download the FREE 5 minute “Too Blessed To Be Stressed” guided meditation.
For even more soothing guided meditations, 10+ hours of exclusive, relaxing meditative music, empowering affirmations, and other helpful resources to reduce your stress both around the holidays and all year, check out the Meditations, Music, & More Membership.
Also feel free to contact me anytime for a private, complimentary happiness coaching session via email and for more personalized tips to help you live a happier, healthier, less stressed life.
Happiness coach passionate about helping you live a happier, healthier, less stressed life. Also love meditating, blogging, recording voiceovers, singing, and writing great music. Dedicated to utilizing my talents to help make your day shine! Contact me at [email protected]