The holidays can be expensive. There are gifts to buy, parties to host, and trips to take. When you’re already saddled with other holiday expenses, holiday travel savings tips become even more important. Thankfully, there are many options to cut your holiday travel costs.
Save on your holiday travel expenses with these holiday travel savings tips and strategies:
Take the unpopular dates
- For example, most people traveling for Thanksgiving want to travel from Wednesday to Sunday. Leaving or coming back a day earlier or later can save as much as 20% on the cost of your airfare. Check all the possible dates before you choose.
Continue watching the prices after you’ve made your purchase
- Most airlines will provide a travel credit if the price drops after you’ve made your purchase.
Consider shipping your luggage
- Airlines are charging an arm and a leg for bags. Sometimes the fees are $50 each way for a single bag. Fees are even charged for carryon luggage on many airlines. Ship your luggage and presents a few days before you leave.
Save on transportation
- Try to avoid taxis whenever possible. Taxis are expensive!
- Many hotels offer a free or inexpensive shuttle service.
- You might have easy access to the bus or subway.
- Nothing compares with a friend or family member picking you up!
Search for coupons or other deals related to your destination
- Restaurants, attractions, and hotels commonly publish deals and coupons that can greatly reduce your costs. Take the time to look for them.
Consider an alternate airport
- Many larger cities have multiple airports. While it might be logical to assume the airfares would be the same, they’re often not. While you’re looking at alternate dates, consider alternate airports, too.
If you’re like most people, the holidays are not the best time for additional expenses. Take advantage of these holiday travel savings tips to save money on holiday travel. Get started soon enough to find the best deals and save money.
The holidays are also the perfect time of year to remember that you’re too blessed to be stressed, so remember to download the FREE 5 minute “Too Blessed To Be Stressed” guided meditation.
For even more soothing guided meditations, 10+ hours of exclusive, relaxing meditative music, empowering affirmations, and other helpful resources to reduce your stress both around the holidays and all year, check out the Meditations, Music, & More Membership.
Also feel free to contact me anytime for a private, complimentary happiness coaching session via email and for more personalized tips to help you live a happier, healthier, less stressed life.
Happiness coach passionate about helping you live a happier, healthier, less stressed life. Also love meditating, blogging, recording voiceovers, singing, and writing great music. Dedicated to utilizing my talents to help make your day shine! Contact me at [email protected]