If you’d like to experience a more peaceful life, try adopting these 7 habits of serenity:
1. Create a calming morning ritual
- Get up early enough that you’re not rushed in the morning
- Exercise a little bit
- Read the paper with your coffee
- Take a walk around the block
2. Be thankful
- When life seems the most challenging, list the blessings in your life that bring you joy
3. Notice how you respond to stress
- Do you feel overwhelmed by stress?
- Do you overeat?
- Do you work to eliminate the stress?
- Do you find some way to distract yourself to avoid the situation?
4. Develop healthy responses to stress
- Replace any unhealthy responses with something more peaceful
- Try a cup of green tea, a few minutes of yoga, or calling a friend
5. Only do one thing at a time
- Attempting to multi-task is stressful and less productive.
6. Minimize the noise in your life
- Audible sounds, visual clutter, and the other items that you really have no need for all clutter up your mind as well as your environment.
- Keep items that you need or love and get rid of the rest
7. Recognize that most of the time negative issues are not about you
- Everyone has their own concerns to deal with. The odds are excellent that you’re not the cause of someone else’s mood or behavior.
Incorporate meditation into your habits of serenity today by downloading and enjoying the FREE 5 minute “Too Blessed To Be Stressed” guided meditation.
For even more soothing guided meditations, 10+ hours of exclusive, relaxing meditative music, empowering affirmations, group happiness coaching, and other helpful resources to help you experience more serenity and improve your quality of life, join Meditations, Music, & More.
Also feel free to contact me anytime for a private, complimentary happiness coaching session via email and for more personalized tips to help you live a happier, healthier, less stressed life.
Happiness coach passionate about helping you live a happier, healthier, less stressed life. Also love meditating, blogging, recording voiceovers, singing, and writing great music. Dedicated to utilizing my talents to help make your day shine! Contact me at [email protected]